AMTEC Trust Awards
The AMTEC Trust is winding down. No awards are planned after 2022. Thank you to the researchers who will able to advance their research with support from the AMTEC Trust.
The AMTEC Trust Award is provided by the Canadian Network for Innovation in Education. Awards are available to CNIE applicants who are training, working, and creating research, products, and services in the field of Educational Technology.
Applications for awards are reviewed by the Awards Committee annually. Successful applicants will be announced on the CNIE website and in the newsletter and videos will be showcased on the CNIE YouTube channel. Presentation of awards takes place at the annual CNIE conference.
Criteria for applications:
(Applicants who don’t meet the criteria will NOT be considered.)
- Must be either a student, instructor or teacher, or an education institution staff member, or an independent developer/ designer who is a graduate or prospective graduate of an instructional development, media development, or educational technology program in a Canadian educational institution.
- Must be a CNIE member in good standing [https://e.cnie-rcie.ca/connect/members/members-info/]
Categories of support available are:
- Research grant for university or college faculty or staff working in educational media/technology
- Research grant for graduate student studying educational media and technology.
- Professional development bursary for university faculty or staff working with educational media/technology.
- Professional development bursary for university or college instructor or staff member involved with development, production, or storage and retrieval of educational media and technology.
- Professional development bursary for a teacher of a digital fluency course or a teacher who demonstrates exemplary application of educational media and technology in instruction.
- Professional development grant for a designer working in media or technology who demonstrates exemplary application of educational media and technology in instruction. The research or development resulting from this grant must be openly licensed (using a Creative Commons license) and made available to the AMTEC Trust for sharing with CNIE members.
Research grants are for direct, supportable costs up to a maximum of $3,000.
Professional development bursaries are for course fees and travel not to exceed $2,500.
Student bursaries are for no more than $2,500 and are a one-time only grant.
2022 deadline: 18 February 2022
The submitter will receive confirmation of entry when processed.